Ga naar inhoud

usb-cardreader for sasc-ng and newcs on MythBuntu (mythTV)

Gast Loki

Aanbevolen berichten

I’m going to buy a new USB cardreader for my MythBuntu system to use with (open)sasc-ng. Before buying I’ve done a lot of reading about the subject and hardware choices. I’ve not yet found the answer for the following questions, hope someone can answer this for me.

1) Is the “Infinity USB Unlimited” compatible with newCS or sasc-ng? Are there cheaper USB only devices that work (I can not use a serial port). And what about the Smargo SmartReader?

2) do I understand correctly that sasc-ng is a wrapper around vdr-sc to make it work with MythTV? Can it be used with other cardservers?

3) can I install newCS + sasc-ng at the same system(locally) or are there downsides when doing this?

4) Can sasc-ng (or is it vdr-sc?) use the cardreader by it self? Or do I always need to install newcs to do this.

Any help or sources are very welcome.

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

1 infinity i think so, smargo, yes

2 yes, it lets mythtv think its a fta channel by using a emulated dvbcard, it can also used by newcamd, camd etc.

3 yes, no downsides

4 yes, thats possible but not all cards are working, with newcs almost all cards are working.

Mythbuntu 12.04

Celeron 220 op Mini-ITX D201GLY2, 1 GB Ram,2x1,5 TB HDD, Digitenne op TerraTec Cinergy, CCcam

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Thanks! i've looked everywhere for these anwers. This is great.

Now I only need to know is the infinity usb unlimited is compatible with newcs and als if its with sasc-ng.

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

argh, zat helemaal op de automatische piloot engels te tikken. Sorry... stom stom stom.

Iemand nog ervaring met de "infinity usb unlimited" unlimited in combinatie met sasc-ng of newcs? Of andere readers die hier goed mee werken?

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Gast
Dit topic is nu gesloten voor nieuwe reacties.